Friday, September 17, 2010
Sunday, September 12, 2010
Kaiya looked so cute today all dolled up in her new fall duds. It's too bad she wouldn't quite cooperate for the camera. This is the best I could get before she ran away and fell head first into the ditch.
She cheered up again when I got her bike out... but still wouldn't actually look at me while smiling. Oh well.
Posted by Michelle at 3:33 PM
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Brad called me Tuesday night to tell me that he loved me.
Then he told me his bike was totaled and he was on his way to the hospital in Aberdeen, Washington.
He was able to catch a flight home last night with a broken arm, jacked up ankle, and wicked road rash in the one place he wasn't wearing leather (you know what those chaps do and don't cover from behind). But I think the thing that is most damaged is his ego.
We just might be done with the biking world altogether.
Posted by Michelle at 1:42 PM
Tuesday, September 7, 2010
I did find my camera (in my diaper bag - where I put it), but haven't had the time or energy or brainpower to post anything exciting. So, while reinforcing said unexcitingness, here are my last few weeks:
- Both of the kids' rooms are repainted and adorable.
- My nephews, Jake and Vance, had birthdays.
- Kaiya's hair finally fits in pig tails. Kind of.
- I moved my bookshelves into the family room.
- None of my bras fit.
- I ate Allyn's Swedish Pancakes and fell in love with the Walkers all over again.
- I love my church calling.
- My verbal diarrhea hit an all time low when one of the Mia Maids retold one of my stories at her dinner table. Good thing her parents have senses of humor. Word to the wise: don't talk about thong underwear at church.
- I read The Alliance.
- I read Mockingjay.
- I loathe Box Elder bugs. Especially their babies.
- School is well into its third week.
- I think I found a substitute for my maternity leave.
- I've discovered that little boy shopping might be more fun than little girl shopping, because there's more of a hunt involved.
- I am fat fat fat.
- I remembered why I shouldn't bother taking papers home to grade over the weekend.
- I love Amy for offering to babysit my kids come January!
- I re-organized my laundry room.
- I'm in the process of re-organizing my DVD's. And yes, there are a couple rated R's that I just can't part with. (When Harry Met Sally doesn't count!)
- I hung out with my dad when he was here over the weekend.
- Oh, and someone's motorcycle caught on fire in Coos Bay, Oregon. Good thing it wasn't Brad's this time :)
Since it will probably be a while before I resume normal blogging behavior, here are some things I'm looking forward to:
- Girls' Night!
- Joining a neighborhood book club
- Boating with the youth this Saturday
- Megan's birthday!
- Meeting my son in only seven weeks
- Naming my son in only seven weeks (we're leaning toward Ben)
Here are some things I'm not looking forward to:
- Creating sub plans for maternity leave
- Creating "maybe" sub plans for early labor
- Thinking about Christmas shopping and Christmas travel
- Grading all the papers that are already piling up
- Buying and operating a double stroller
- Awkward doctor visits from here on out
Posted by Michelle at 9:54 AM